Thursday 10 March 2022

Sitecore Commerce: Submitting an order No inventory associated to "Product1"

 This is a quick post that I wanted to share with my Sitecore Commerce Devs friends, where I was running into an issue while trying to submit an order where system tells me that there is an inventory issue with one of the in cart products, error message from log files is [12736 16:13:49 ERROR DoCommand Failed: No inventory associated to CatalogA|Product1|.]




I would like to share the things I checked while working on this issue as any of these could be a reason to get such error while working on Sitecore Commerce:

1. Check if you're Catalog (for the related product) is associated with an inventory (this was my issue). 

Yes, you would need to link a Catalog with inventory, its not enough to associate a product with inventory set. 


2. Make sure your product is associated with inventory set. 

The second thing you need to double check is if you're product already associated with an inventory set.


3.  Check Minions Indexing logs

You would also make sure that the indexing on minions run successfully without an issues. 


4. Once you check all the above, its time to check if there is any custom code with actions causing issues. 


I believe going through this list will definitely help you identifying the root cause if you running into the same error while submitting an order, hop this will help someone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment