Sunday 16 July 2017

Deploy Marketing Definitions Loading/Progress Time Issue

In this blog post I will show you one of the funny issues that I experienced while working on one of the upgrade projects that I worked on, this is related to deploying marketing definition which as you know a post-step that you should do after completing Sitecore upgrade.





In my case I was upgrading my instance from Sitecore 7.5 to Sitecore 8.1 and at the end I need to just deploy goals from the marketing definitions that you can see up in the screenshot, so I just went to lunch pad to control panel then Analytics and I click on Deploy Marketing Definition, I selected Goals than I clicked Deploy.

I went into a 4 days vacation and when I'm back the window still loading as the following screenshot:



Something looks not right! What do you think? 

I checked the log files looking for errors but nothing there, I checked the goals tables and they seems that the deploy is finished, so what's wrong?

I opened a ticket for Sitecore Support and I suspect this is just  a UI issue and this was a true, Sitecore support conformed that this issue is just a UI issue and it occur only if you didn't selected "Taxonomies" from the definitions available,  so any combination selection that contains Taxonomies it will work fine.

Following I quote from Sitecore Support reply:

The code checks if the taxonomy deployment job is finished, and then displays the message that the whole process is finished.

 As a workaround, you can either deploy all marketing definitions when needed (or goals + taxonomies) to track the deploy progress or close the dialog after deploying the marketing definitions (The dialog just waits for the job to finish, so closing the dialog should not break the processing).

Finally the reference number for this issue is "107306" if you need further information.

Hope this will help!

1 comment:

sri said...

Thanks for sharing this.,
Leanpitch provides online training in Scrum Master during this lockdown period everyone can use it wisely.
Join Leanpitch 2 Days CSM Certification Workshop in different cities.

csm certification cost

Post a Comment