Tuesday 25 July 2023

Working with Sitecore Managed Cloud Containers - Tips!!

 I have been working with Sitecore Managed Cloud containers for the last couple months now and I thought to share some tips and information that I believe its very useful while using MC Containers, like working with The Kubernetes command-line tool, kubectl to troubleshoot issues that may happen while working on MC containers, interested, keep reading! 



Things like reviewing the status of Pods, accessing sitecore files, or accessing the actual sitecore log files are very important to know, you would need it, ask me about it :) you should have a basic knowledge of how you can do these with simple command through your local Sitecore PowerShell, want to know how, keep reading! 

The Kubernetes command-line tool, kubectl, allows you to run commands against Kubernetes clusters. You can use kubectl to deploy applications, inspect and manage cluster resources, and view logs


 You can find useful links at the end of the post, I will list the most common commands that you need in a question and answer format below: 

How I can login into my AKS Cluster? 

How I can list all Pods for current Cluster? 

How I can copy files from/to MC Pod?

If I ran into issue with one of the Pods, How I can get more information?

How I can view content of any file inside POD? 


How I can browse as example CM POD from local network?

References and useful links:

Hopefully the above helps someone! 
Please feel free to comment if you have more useful commands or if you have any comments or questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment